The new F104 Version II chassis incorporates a Pivot Ball Link Rear Suspension (PBLR) like the one found on the TAMIYA 1/12 scale RM-01 chassis. Compared to the previous 3-point T-bar rear suspension system, this new setup enables more precise adjustments of the chassis’ pitch and roll characteristics and it keeps the rear POD from tweaking from side to side. The new car will have greater traction potential and carries more corner speed than the previous chassis design. The kit includes plenty of Option Parts as standard equipment, as its “PRO” designation implies.
Specs and Features:
1. 1/10 scale R/C assembly kit.
2. Kit features a newly designed lower deck and a lower brace made from 3.0mm thick carbon fiber. A channel has been milled unto the bottom of the chassis to be able to use glass tape to secure the battery in place.
3. PBLR suspension system features a center pivot ball, an aluminum pitch damper to temper chassis pitch movement, and an aluminum roll damper and side links to control chassis roll.
4. Front suspension features a kingpin/coil spring with the F104’s suspension arms. (Same front end as F104 version I)
5. Direct-Drive 2WD system comes equipped with a height-adjustable gear case and a ball-differential. TRF417 diff rings are now used for the diff plates for better differential action.
6. Other features include a hi-torque servo saver, aluminum servo horn, aluminum upper suspension mount, aluminum clamp-type wheel hubs, low-friction suspension balls, and fluorine coated ball connectors.
7. Compatible with Li-Fe, Ni-Cd, Ni-MH, LiPo and other rectangular battery packs.
8. Body, front & rear wings, motor, tires, R/C unit, battery pack sold separately.
9. Ferrari F60, McClaren MP4-24 and F104 Pro body sets fit the new F104 Version II and the side pontoons may also be used for the best scale appearance.
Release date: June 2012 (late June)
The following option parts may be used to further upgrade the new F104 Pro version II:
Item 54160 F104 Titanium Coated King Pin
Item 54162 F104 Carbon Rear Shaft
Item 54203 F104 Aluminum Servo Mount (L/R)
Item 54337 RM-01 Aluminum Damper V Parts
Item 54351 RM-01 Carbon Damper Mount Plate
Item 54352 RM-01 Roll Spring Set
Item 54356 RM-01 Aluminum Motor Mount
Item 54357 F104 Adjustable Metal Upright Set
Item 54359 RM-01 Pitch Spring Set
Item 54360 Fluorine Coated 5mm Alu. Short Ball Nut
Item 54375 RM-01 Carbon Motor Mount Rear Plate Set
More photos will be released soon.