With the Optima Mid KYOSHO brought in the 80 years the first mid-engined 2WD buggy on the market. Viewed more as an innovation at the edge of this technology back around today. With the introduction of the Ultima 2WD in April 1987 KYOSHO enthusiastic customers again with new technology and sensational technique! In the same breath, the competitive class was 1/10 2WD-OffRoad. Thus began the golden era of success with the Ultima series, which is still remembered.
Now bring back the concept of a mid KYOSHO engine in the 2WD models, and combined with the Ultima RB6 the philosophies of the rear – and mid-engine drive in a single model. The result is a superb racing machine, designed and developed by today’s standards in materials and technology.
The RB6 is built on a chassis made of high-tech hard anodized 7075 aluminum.
With kickup on the front side and angled wells, the chassis of the RB6 reflects the technology of the 1:8-off counterparts in 1:10 scale again. With an additional length of 13mm, it supports the model is positive and leads to increased stability.
Transmission & Gear
The all-new gearbox unit is designed especially small and easily. This allows the engine and transmission are placed very low in the chassis, making the overall center of gravity of the model is positively influenced. The transmission is in the rear-engine version and a three-tier manages the force of a ball differential to the rear wheels. The ball differential is adjustable from the outside, the set points are provided with dust covers. In the mid-engine configuration, the transmission is built in four stages to the influence of the motor rotation direction is positive to the traction applied to the model and to provide a more stable acceleration.
The entire rear axle is symmetrical, thus results in low maintenance costs. Track and caster angle can be varied by varying the mounting arm shots. The upper arms are equipped with R / L-threaded rods and pivoted on ball heads. Through the use of spacers, the angle of the upper wishbone be varied. Power is transmitted to the rear wheels via propeller shafts efficiently, which shine with a perfect finish. The use of upward angled wishbones more agile steering response despite high stability is achieved on holey ground.
The front is symmetrical, it has a particularly long and narrow wings. Thus, the entire front axle has a particularly compact and light. The bearing of the front wheels in special low-friction ball bearings that are fitted with a fiberglass plate effectively sealed against dust. All parameters such as track, camber and caster can be adjusted with little effort.
The chassis of the RB6 are used both in the rear-engine configuration and in the mid-engine configuration, all current battery types into place. The chassis offers the possibility to use rechargeable batteries as well as stick packs or saddle-shorties, no matter which engine configuration is in use.
Steering & Servo Saver
The all-new ball-bearing swivel and geometry of black anodized aluminum is placed in the same angle as the front control arms, so that the Ackermann effect is achieved across the entire steering range. The use of deflection elements of aluminum, the steering is precise even in the toughest conditions ever.
The Radträgerbolzen on the front and rear axle are each secured with a single screw. This means that the pins be secured against falling out and can be changed with a handle.
The shock towers are also made from a special synthetic material with fibers. This material has the requisite hardness in the race, but also has the necessary flexibility in the event of a hard crash. Both shock towers have numerous mounting points to the model in every possible line vote.
“Triple” Big Bore Oil Shocks
As the name implies, consist BigBore oil shocks of the RB6 of three components: the upper shock cap, the damper housing and the lower shock cap. The shock absorbers are made from high quality aluminum and are characterized by their ease. The setting of the preload is particularly sensitive about a knurled nut with fine thread. A special feature of the knurled nut on an O-ring that prevents unwanted rotation in racing.
When RB6 Ultima shock absorbers springs from the home X-Gear can be used. These springs will go through before delivering a quality control in the controls include the proper hardness. Thus, a constant damping characteristic is ensured.
More than 10 different body styles were tested in a wind tunnel and on track to achieve the perfect synthesis of performance and appearance. So united shaping the technology of performance-oriented designs and Cab-Foward nevertheless radiates a touch of the first Ultima 20 years ago. The result is a high-tech body ensures the best possible output for any situation.
• Smooth Velvet Triple-BigBore oil shocks
• BigBore shock springs from X-GEAR
• Aerodynamically optimized high-downforce body
• High-performance racing chassis made of coated 7075
• 13mm longer chassis for better performance
• For rear-or mid-engine rear-configurable
• Three-stage rear engine and transmission
• Four-stage mid-engine gearbox
• Use of nitrogen, or Shorty Saddle battery packs in two engine configurations
• Easy adjustment from the outside of the Kugeldiffs
• Power transmission particularly smooth gimbal
• Angled rear wishbones for more agile steering response and better stability on uneven terrain
• adjusting the spring tension on the knurled nut with O-ring
• A sophisticated suspension system with an innovative layout
• Oversized high-performance slipper clutch, adjustable from outside
• Upper control arms and tie rods with R / L thread
• Newly-designed one-piece front axles
• steering geometry made of black anodized aluminum
• servo saver with adjustable Ackermann effect
• Numerous mounting points for the Shock for complex setups
• Adjustable battery position for perfect chassis balance
Length: 395 mm
Width: 249 mm
Height: 140 mm
Trace (v): 221 mm gauge (h): 201 mm
Wheelbase: 285 mm
Weight: 1.620 g
• 2-channel radio control system
• Vortex Combo VST Pro Race 7.5 / R10 per ORI66053
• Vortex Digital Servo VDS-1009 #, ORI68003
• Carbon Pro LiPo battery pack
• Advantage Charger touch ORI30185