The 2008 24 Hours Nürburgring had Volkswagen debut a contingent of new Scirocco GT24 race cars. They went on to earn an impressive 1-2 finish in their inaugural race. The car was later updated with a new 2.0-liter inline 4-cylinder turbocharged engine that was notable for being powered by Compressed Natural Gas (CNG), which reduced CO2 emissions by 80%. This machine again demonstrated its superb performance, capturing the AT (alternative powertrain) class titles in 2009, 2010, and 2011. The Tamiya R/C car model is produced in 1/10 scale and the featured chassis underneath is the TT-01 Type E (Tamiya’s entry level 4WD easy to build chassis). The RC model depicts the Scirocco GT24-CNG which raced in the 2011 24 Hours Nürburgring.
Specifications and features
• 1/10 scale R/C assembly kit.
• TT-01E chassis platform
• Shaft-drive 4WD independent double wishbone suspension
• Gear differentials
• Plastic bushings for all moving parts (may be upgraded to full ball bearings)
• The Scirocco body has been realistically reproduced with polycarbonate material.
• Sticker and masking sticker sheets included.
• Separately-molded side mirrors and rear wing parts included.
• Note: LED components are not included. (Available separately)
• ESC (Electronic Speed Control) Tamiya TEU-104BK included
• Tamiya 540 brushed motor included
Note: Radio gear (Transmitter, receiver and steering servo), polycarbonate Tamiya PS paint, 7.2-7.4 volt battery and charger sold separately.