The Scorpion XXL borrows the name from one of Kyosho’s legendary racing machines, and it incorporates some scale features that made the original car popular. The original Scorpion has earned its place in history as one of the most significant cars of its time, and the new Scorpion XXL is built to do the same using modern design, smartly chosen scale and a brutally powerful drive system that takes advantage of all the torque that the new XXL .28 engine can produce.
The Scorpion XXL is a brand new concept from Kyosho – a monster size 2WD Buggy (630mm/24.8 in. long) with a scale body design and a modern power system that makes this an all terrain beast. The key is its size – a large size vehicle which is not too big but just the right size. The Scorpion XXL is roughly 20% larger than a 1/8 racing truck (ST-RR Evo) and is about 15% smaller than a 1/5th scale car. This size is perfect for running on a typical 1/8-scale track – no need for a specially designed track.
The Scorpion XXL looks good. Of course you might expect us to say that, but “scale” is trending as one of the most popular features of modern RC vehicles, and the Scorpion XXL brings home that timeless scale appeal of a desert racing buggy with a real roll cage, a driver figure and even some rear pod bodywork. It’s as functional as it is attractive with side vents that direct cooling air over the ESC and motor, the roll cage actually protects the body, and the running lights can be fitting with a BRIGHT optional LED light kit that features 7 high-intensity LEDs per light for action after dark (No.SXW008). A number of aftermarket accessories will also be available to customize the appearance and enhance the performance of this machine.
The Scorpion XXL is targeted towards bashers, scale enthusiasts, and club racers. It doesn’t really matter what perspective you bring, you can get some serious fun from this machine. It’s hard not to like its practical and economic approach to find tracks and minimizing the cost of operation, but all that even seems to go out the window when you pull the trigger. The only thing you risk after that is breaking too big a smile.
• Monster size chassis : The biggest in the Kyosho Line
• XXL Engine: An all new .28 size engine has been developed with reliability, easy tune and high power output in mind.
• 200cc Tank: XXL size fuel tank will allow approx 15 minutes of run time before you need to re-fuel. Easy fill system allows for quick refueling by just pulling on the front air scoop.
• Exhaust System: The Scorpion XXL is equipped with a rear exciting tuned pipe, adding to the realism of the buggy that much more.
• KS203 Servo: Brand new metal gear servo has been developed for the Scorpion XXL that is water proof, fast response and high torque output.
• Engine Stopper: A kill switch located on the right side of the buggy allows you to easily and safely top the engine.
• Scale Body: A full replica roll cage surrounds the replica driver and finished off with real working air vents. The art work on the body was designed by One11 Ink, giving the Scorpion XXL a new exciting look.
• Flip Top: By removing only 4 body clips the complete body and roll cage swing open 90 degrees for easy maintenance.
• Monster Size Shocks: The Scorpion XXL shocks are much more larger than 1/8th scale shock, giving you all terrain handling.
• Black Chrome: The Nitro Scorpion XXL is equipped with new black chrome wheels all the way around.
• Heavy Duty: Bullet proof drive train system with a built in slipper clutch to regulate the torque that the massive .28 produces.
• Gull Wing: The Gull Wing type front suspension system give you a much broader stroke and more efficient damping.
• 3mm: A 3mm high grade aluminum chassis with double wall chassis brace gives you the best platform for you XXL beast. The chassis is also starter box ready right out of the box.
• Working side cooling vents
• Heavy duty side guards
• All hex screws
• 2.4Ghz radio system pre-installed for fast and reliable response.
What is a Ready Set?
A Ready Set is a fully assembled model that includes nearly everything you need to run. Body Color scheme is complete so only consumables like batteries and fuel is required so you can start operating the model without delay. *Note: For full list of required items please read “Required For Operation”.
Ready Set Contents:
• Factory Assembled Chassis
• Pre-Painted Body with Decals
• 2.4Ghz Syncro System (KT-201 & KR-200)
• KS203 Metal Gear Servo
• XXL .28 Engine
Required For Operations:
• 8 AA Batteries
• 20% Nitro RC Fuel
• Glow Plug Igniter and Fuel Bottle
Length: 630mm (24.8in)
Width: 402mm (15.8in)
Height: 244mm (9.6in)
Wheelbase: 452mm (17.7in)
Gear Ration: 16:1
Weight: 4000g *approx