A couple weeks ago Team Associated leaked pictures of their upcoming B74 4WD competition buggy. The wait for more info is over…
Introducing the RC10B74, a 1:10 scale 4WD competition buggy that is geared more towards the turf. Aside from a new chassis design, the B74 features a new, easy-access quick change differential height, 7075-T-6 aluminum bulkheads and arm mounts, updated shocks and an all-new rear hub assembly with modular vertical ball stud mounts.
Here are some of the other features of the new B74:
• 2mm hard-anodized 7075-T6 aluminum chassis provides improved flex characteristics and minimal mass
• 2.5mm graphite center bulkhead brace for improved stiffness and reduced mass
• Ball bearing raced 7075-T6 aluminum steering rack and composite steering bellcranks with 2.5mm graphite input arm offers optimized Ackermann and adjustable steering rate
• New steering blocks with larger outer ball bearing and increased bearing spacing for improved durability
DIFFS AND SLIPPER
• Quick-change adjustable differential height with 7075-T6 aluminum bulkheads. Four independent front and rear diff heights possible.
• Easy-access differentials for worry-free maintenance and adjustment
• Fluid-filled gear differentials with machined ring gears, front and rear
• Updated 3-pad slipper assembly allows use of center differential without changing center bone length
• Optimized suspension arm geometry with improved durability and stiffness
• New symmetric rear arms with improved geometry can be flipped to allow a “split” for rear shock mounting position
• 7075-T6 aluminum arm mounts with optimized roll center positions use inserts, which allow fine tuning for a large range of anti-squat, kick-up, and toe adjustments
• Common front and rear anti-roll bars to minimize spare part count
• Anti-roll bar sets for both carpet/turf and dirt included
• 4mm graphite shock towers front and rear for improved stiffness and durability
• V2 12mm Big Bore threaded aluminum shock with X-rings for low friction assembly
• New shock lengths front and rear with longer stroke allows increased droop and up-travel for more consistent jumping and landing
• Machined shock pistons for more precise fit and smoother operation
• V2 12mm shock springs for lower achievable ride height and more nimble feel
• CVA assemblies for center drive-line with aligned shafts for minimal torque loss and improved efficiency
• New rear hub assembly with modular vertical ball stud camber link mounts and axle height system for precise roll center adjustments
• Outer rear hinge pins captured with bolt head and lock nut for increased durability
• 7075-T6 aluminum motor mount and 7075-T6 aluminum center bulkhead have increased rigidity to maintain more accurate gear mesh
• New 2.5mm graphite battery strap with sliding support tabs for fine tuning battery position (accepts any R.O.A.R. approved 2S “shorty” packs)
• 7075-T6 aluminum 9 degree caster blocks
• “Floating” servo mount with 7075-T6 aluminum mount and 2.5mm graphite brace
• Factory Team ball bearing set with 26 precision ball bearings, now oiled instead of greased for more efficient drivetrain
• Aluminum clamping wheel hexes, front and rear
• Lightweight clear body and clear wing included
Look for a full review on the B74 coming soon on CompetitionX!
90026 Team Associated RC10B74 1:10 4WD Offroad Buggy
For more information, please visit: www.teamassociated.com
Make sure you visit and subscribe to our YouTube Channel (CompetitionX YouTube) for up to date videos on all the current products!
Notice: Some of our articles, videos and descriptions may contain affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links, we may receive a small commission. This helps support the website and social media channels and allows us to continue to produce content. Thank you for the support!