Welcome to Part 1 of the Tamiya Nissan GT-R Model Kit build. In this video, we’ll be going over the prep, painting and detailing of the body all the way to applying the final clear coat.
The entire process was quite easy other than the masking and detailing of the engine – it was a little more tricky than I anticipated. Take your time and you’ll get it figured out!
Before we start building, here are some specifics about the kit and the paints and tools we’ll be using.
Product: Tamiya Nissan GT-R
Part #: 24300
• 87044 Tamiya Surface Primer L – White
• 85045 Tamiya TS-45 Pearl White
• 85038 Tamiya TS-38 Gunmetal
• 85029 Tamiya TS-29 Semi Gloss Black
• 85013 Tamiya TS-13 Gloss Clear
• 69923 Tamiya Modeler’s Side Cutter
• 87056 Tamiya Finishing Abrasives P800
• 87038 Tamiya Extra-Thin Cement
• 74522 Tamiya Spray Painting Stand
• 87031 Tamiya 10mm Masking Tape
• 87032 Tamiya 18mm Masking Tape
• Flex-I-File Sanding Sticks
• Micro Trader Airbrush Parts Holders
• Sharpie King Size Chisel Tip
On to the build!
For more information, please visit: www.tamiyausa.com
Make sure you visit and subscribe to our YouTube Channel (CompetitionX YouTube) for up to date videos on all the current products!
Notice: Some of our articles, videos and descriptions may contain affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links, we may receive a small commission. This helps support the website and social media channels and allows us to continue to produce content. Thank you for the support!
#tamiya #nissan #gtr #modelkit #competitionx #tonyphalen