Modeled after the award-winning (and race-winning) 22, TLR’s 22SCT takes Short Course racing to a new level. Buildable in either RM (Rear-Motor) or MM (Mid-Motor) configuration, the 22SCT allows the driver to fine tune the entire chassis to track conditions.
I had a chance to race the 22SCT at the 2013 Short Course Nats and absolutely LOVED it. Having not raced in awhile and competing against some pretty heavy competition, I was able to qualify 6th in the A-Main. In fact, I took the lead on lap 2 and held it for about 4 laps. Strong winds and my lack of concentration dropped me back to 5th…but this was no fault of the truck. I’ll be practicing up this year in preparation for the 2014 Nationals.
Anyway, this truck was a fun build. Follow along as I go from a box of bags to a fully built track terror!
The following support parts will be used with this build:
• Spektrum S6040 Servo, www.spektrumrc.com
• Tekin RS Gen2 Brushless ESC, www.teamtekin.com
• Tekin Redline Gen2 9.5T Brushless Motor, www.teamtekin.com
• Thunder Power Battery, www.thunderpowerrc.com
• Spektrum DX4S Radio System, www.spektrumrc.com
• AKA Handlebar Tires, www.raceaka.com
• Paint by Kustom RC Graphics, www.kustomrcgraphics.com
TLR 22SCT Build – Part 1 – Servo Install
TLR 22SCT Build – Part 2 – Front Bulkhead
TLR 22SCT Build – Part 3 – Front Suspension
TLR 22SCT Build – Part 4 – Rear Suspension
TLR 22SCT Build – Part 5 – Transmission
TLR 22SCT Build – Part 6 – Rear Bumper
TLR 22SCT Build – Part 7 – Shocks
TLR 22SCT Build – Part 8 – Chassis Parts
TLR 22SCT Build – Part 9 – Electronics
TLR 22SCT Build – Part 10 – Wheels, Tires and Body
Where to Buy