Tamiya dropped the 411 on their new TD4 chassis and we now have an official name – the Super Avante! A short video was posted by the Japanese company with some nice action of the ride, showing off a few more details on this 4WD offroader.
Here’s some data posted from the company:
• This is a 1/10 R/C assembly kit with these specs: Length: 338mm Height： 124mm Width： 246mm Wheelbase： 283mm
• The eye-catching polycarbonate body（inspired by the Tamiya classic, Avante）is designed by Japanese designer Kota Nezu of znug design.
• Newly designed shaft-driven 4WD chassis based on the one-piece monocoque frame features the same ball differentials for front and rear as well as a longitudinal battery pack position in the center. A midship transverse motor for optimum balance and improved performance is also standard.
• The TD4 chassis employs an front inboard suspension layout which eliminates the need for a front shock tower, offering a slim, low-profile form.
• The four wheel double wishbone suspension system uses CVA oil shocks for the best performance.
• Features a full set of ball bearings.
• Two link rods and crank arm transmit movement of the left-side servo to the three-piece steering arm setup.
• Turnbuckle shafts for use with upper arms facilitate camber angle adjustment.
• Star dish wheels are paired with square spike tires which offer excellent grip off-road.
• Choose between high and low type wing mounts to adjust the downforce depending on the road surface.
• Comes with a driver figure for extra realism.
What We Like:
Well, of course we like that it’s something different! We never had an Avante but this will certainly be a great addition to our stable. Loving the sleek design and extra fenders – cool looking for sure! We can’t wait to see under-body pictures!!!!
What We’re Not Sure About:
The Avante was, and still is, one of Tamiya’s most iconic rides – everybody wanted one. This, however, is about as non-Avante as you can get, so calling it the Super Avante sort of hurts. I’m sure it will be a fantastic car, we’re just not sure we like the designation.
58696 Tamiya Super Avante
For more information, please visit: www.tamiyausa.com
When buying Pro-Line product directly on their site, don’t forget to use the code COMPETITIONX to save 10% on your order!
Make sure you visit and subscribe to our YouTube Channel (CompetitionX YouTube) for up to date videos on all the current products!
Notice: Some of our articles, videos and descriptions may contain affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links, we may receive a small commission. This helps support the website and social media channels and allows us to continue to produce content. Thank you for the support!
#tamiya #rccars #competitionx