Welcome to Part 2 of the Tamiya Nissan GT-R Model Kit build. In this video, we work on the chassis, suspension and wheels and tires of the GT-R kit.
I was initially going to just paint the whole underside of the chassis matte black but decided I’d try my hand at masking it. Since I wanted to spray it all, that posed a bit more of a challenge than I expected but in the end I think it came out alright.
Before we start the chassis video, here are some specifics about the kit and the paints and tools we’ll be using during this step.
Product: Tamiya Nissan GT-R
Part #: 24300
• 87044 Tamiya Surface Primer L – White
• 85071 Tamiya TS-71 Smoke
• 85006 Tamiya TS-6 Matt Black
• 81316 Tamiya XF-16 Flat Aluminum
• 81011 Tamiya X-11 Chrome Silver
• 81018 Tamiya X-18 Semi Gloss Black
• 81034 Tamiya X-34 Metallic Brown
• 69923 Tamiya Modeler’s Side Cutter
• 87038 Tamiya Extra-Thin Cement
• 87031 Tamiya 10mm Masking Tape
• 87032 Tamiya 18mm Masking Tape
• Flex-I-File Sanding Sticks
• Micro Trader Airbrush Parts Holders
On to the build!
For more information, please visit: www.tamiyausa.com
Make sure you visit and subscribe to our YouTube Channel (CompetitionX YouTube) for up to date videos on all the current products!
Notice: Some of our articles, videos and descriptions may contain affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links, we may receive a small commission. This helps support the website and social media channels and allows us to continue to produce content. Thank you for the support!
#tamiya #nissan #gtr #modelkit #competitionx #tonyphalen